Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act
Pierce College students who have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak can now access emergency funding through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act. Funding is now available through the Pierce College Financial Aid office to assist students with expenses related to disruptions to their education due to the pandemic. Below are details about how these funds will work, and how you can apply:
- Students will apply for funding via an online CARES Act application process, where you will explain how you have been impacted and your overall financial need. You may also complete an application on
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application..
- All students who have been financially impacted by the coronavirus outbreak are encouraged to apply for funding – even if you have never applied for Financial Aid before.
- These funds are similar to grants, and do not need to be repaid.
- Although there is no standard award amount for these grants, Financial Aid representatives will look into all funding options available to each student to fill in any gaps in your financial need.
- We anticipate a high volume of applications, but expect to process them quickly.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Pierce College has signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that Pierce College has used or intends to use no less than 50% of the funds received to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
Pierce College has received $1,962,602.00 for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to disburse to students. And has estimated that 7000 students may be eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004 (a)(1) of the CARES Act.
In order to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and using guidance from the Department of Education that limits who/what qualifies for a grant, students are asked to complete an application that is available online. Once submitted, it is reviewed to verify whether it qualifies and, if so, a funding matrix is used to determine award amounts.
As of May 28, 2020, Pierce College has disbursed $238,400.00 in Emergency Financial Aid Grants to 219 students.